The Robinette Company began in 1987 but its roots go back to 1938 when Judge Robinette entered the paper bag business serving the flour and corn millers in the eastern United States. He started by printing and converting small paper bags and servicing the millers from Baltimore, MD to Tampa, Fl. He built Strong-Robinette Bag Co. into one of the finest specialty and multi-wall bag companies in the country before selling to Stone Container in 1985.
The Bristol plant for Stone Container before founding The Robinette Company in 1987. The Robinette Company started by printing roll paper for the milling industry, primarily for "form-fill-seal" machines. Robinette later diversified into industrial tapes for the gypsum industry, wrappers for asphalt shingles, and paper bags for aluminum can lids. As the packaging needs of the food industry became more complex, The Robinette Company expanded again by adding film printing and laminating to its product lines. The company later added poly bags and pouching as a natural extension of its film printing capabilities. The printing capabilities in Bristol and Piney Flats include twelve printing presses supported by a complete graphics/plate department, four poly bag machines, and a full complement of winding and laminating machines. In 1999 The Robinette Company acquired the assets of Prescott Paper Co. of Canada and the former Central States Diversified of Florida. These assets and the Robinette machines were installed in Piney Flats, TN to form the largest can end bag factory in the world. Operating 20 machines the Piney Flats plant produces more than one million quality bags per day.
Joe Robinette, Son of Judge Robinette
The Robinette Company continues its pursuit of excellence in 2013 by winning 2 FTA Silver awards in wide web flexographic printing.